Pain: (from arthritis, joint stiffness, neck pain, sore muscles, herniated disc, sprains & strains, knee pain, back pain). If your knee pain is the result of arthritis, turmeric can be quite helpful. It contains over two dozen anti-inflammatory compounds, including COX-2 inhibitors. COX-2 is an enzyme that can lead to lead to pain, swelling, and inflammation. Inhibitors, of course, prevent those symptoms. Curcumin is one of these compounds, and on its own, it has been shown to be highly effective at reducing inflammation. A study at St. John’s University found combining turmeric with bioperine showed a 2,000% increase in curcumin levels. Curcumin Triple Burn Turmeric 3D Green Relief TheraFlex ACN Omega Green FlexActin
Here are a few of the ailments that curcumin can treat:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Gastrointestinal distress
- Tumor growth
Arnica; studies conducted on this miracle pain-reliever show that Arnica may actually give MORE relief than prescription pain medications without the harmful side effects! MSM; The Journal of Anti-Aging Medicine researchers state that MSM caused an 80% reduction in pain when compared to the placebo group. Belladonna, Ignatia, Cetyl Myristoleate, Rhus Tox, Naja, Magnesium Sulfate, Phosphorous, Lachesis Mutus. Menthol speeds healing and reduces/prevents muscle spasms and cramping. Corydalis Yan Hu Suo (CY; relieves both inflammation and nerve pain), Brazilian mint tea (Hyptis Crenata), Rub on Relief EFT Panitrol xr Triple Joint Relief ArthroNew PLUS Joint Performance Plus LunaFlex PM PrimeFlex-5 ArthroCet Lose the Neck Pain System JointFlex Arthritis Reversed (free book) Joint 33X
- Proteolytic enzymes—these powerful nutrients control the production of prostaglandins, dissolve harmful fibrin, flush toxins from the blood, improve circulation, reduce pain and protect your immune system from viruses. Key proteolytic enzymes include bromelain, papain, protease AM and protease 6.0.
- Anti-inflammatories and antioxidants for pain and joint protection including citrus bioflavonoids, ginger, rutin, boswellia serrata, mojava yucca root, turmeric, devil’s claw and l-glutathione.
- Vitamin E—this fat-soluble vitamin provides powerful antioxidant properties to help control blood pressure levels, protect against free radical damage, balance cholesterol levels, improve immune system function, boost circulation and improve skin health. Heal-n-Soothe
Back Pain Elixir Recipe
- 1 tablespoon grated, fresh organic ginger and juice
- 1/2 organic lemon, juiced
- 1/4 eye dropper cayenne extract
- 1/4 dropper cranberry extract
Add all of the ingredients to a tall glass. Top up the glass with cool, fresh and filtered water. Drink this elixir throughout the day and alleviate your back pain quickly!
Knee pain (meniscectomies): Each year doctors perform a procedure on tens of thousands of seniors that is supposed to make them able to walk better and live without pain. But study after study shows it’s a sham. It doesn’t work at all. It’s no better than a placebo. Now, new research reveals that despite the evidence, surgeons continue to reap billions in revenues by performing meniscectomies on unsuspecting patients. It’s an operation that removes damaged cartilage from the knee. The study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association reveals more than 12,000 surgeons performed almost 122,000 of these procedures on Medicare patients in 2015. Dr. Martin Makary led the study. He’s a surgery professor at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore. “This study shows that it remains extremely common in older patients,” he said. In just the last two years alone, three major studies show that meniscectomies don’t work any better than a placebo. And they are less effective than exercise therapy. The studies compared results in patients who had the procedures with those who got “sham surgeries” (placebo surgeries) or exercise therapy. The results were essentially the same, with exercise therapy showing the most positive effects. So why do surgeons keep performing it? Dr. Jonas Bloch Thorlund is a sports medicine researcher at the University of Southern Denmark. “Despite the evidence, there is still a very strong belief by many surgeons that surgery works,” he said. “Indeed, many patients do get better. However, this is more likely due to placebo effect.” Of course, surgeons have a strong economic incentive to believe that surgery works. Meniscectomies bring in about $4 billion a year. If you have knee pain and are diagnosed with torn cartilage, don’t let a surgeon talk you into a meniscectomy. There are better ways to get relief:
1. Physical TherapyA physical therapist can help you more than a surgeon can. Three types of exercises have been found to help patients with a torn meniscus.
- Straight leg raises. Lie on your back. Keeping your knee straight, slowly raise your injured leg to a 45-degree angle. Do 10 repetitions. Do three sets a day.
- Knee bend. Sit upright in a chair with your feet flat on the floor. Cross your legs at the ankle. Bend your knees as far as you can, moving your feet underneath the chair. Hold for three seconds. Straighten your legs and repeat 10 times. Do one set a day.
- One-leg stand. Stand upright. Bend your non-injured knee and raise it off the floor so you are standing only on your injured knee. Stand on one leg for as long you can. You may need to use a wall or furniture for support at first. Do this exercise as often as possible.
2. An Anti-Inflammatory Diet
- Olive oil
- Green leafy vegetables, like spinach, kale, and collards.
- Nuts like almonds and walnuts.
- Fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel, tuna, and sardines.
- Fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and oranges.
3. Take These Two Supplements
- Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric, the Indian spice that gives curry dishes their yellow color. It is a powerful weapon against inflammation. Take a 500 mg curcumin supplement three times a day. We recommend a form of curcumin called BCM-95. It’s more bioavailable than other types. You can buy it online and in health food stores.
- Moringa oleifera, also known as the drumstick or horseradish tree. It’s one of the world’s most effective anti-inflammatory substances. Researchers found the extract is more effective than Indocin (indomethacin), a popular prescription drug used to treat arthritis pain and inflammation. Supplements, powders, and teas are sold online and in health food stores. Most human studies have used 500 mg of the leaf extract. One more thing…
There's a new solution to knee pain. It’s known as CRFA. Its official name is cooled radiofrequency ablation. It uses radiofrequency energy to interrupt pain transmission from the genicular nerve of the knee. Studies show it’s superior to steroid shots at relieving pain and improving knee function. And it’s far less invasive than meniscectomy surgery. CRFA is available at major pain and orthopedic clinics around the country. You can find a directory of doctors who offer it here.
Parkinson's disease: Ginkgo biloba improves blood circulation through the brain, delivering more L-dopa where it is needed. Passionflower tincture 20 drops 3 times a day. The enzyme, monoamine oxidase (MAO) depresses dopamine. An (MAO) inhibitor, such as St. John's wort, should have the opposite effect. Fava beans & velvet beans contain L-dopa , grounded evening primrose seeds contain tryptophan, which boost the effectiveness of L-dopa. NADH (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide). Amino acids and flaxseed oil. Hypnosis has been effective against shaking. Dr. Frank Shallenbergers' newsletter Many cases of Parkinson’s are the result of a significant magnesium deficiency and an overload of heavy metals and chemicals. Magnesium works even better if you take it with other nutrients. One of the best to take it with is iodine. Iodoral Other nutrients to consider taking along with these are vitamins B1 and B6, as well as zinc. Lithium Oratate
Pneumonia: How to reverse pneumonia in 3 hours
Prostate:The main culprit in prostate issues is a chemical called DHT. It also causes hair loss. Your levels of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) increase as you age. It's a corrupted form of your natural hormone testosterone. One enzyme is responsible for corrupting testosterone. It’s called 5-alpha reductase. If you can reduce the activity of the 5-alpha reductase enzyme, you can lower your production of DHT. A lower DHT level can then reduce one of the main causes of prostate symptoms. The natural ingredients in Prost-TEROL block 5-alpha reductase without lowering your level of available testosterone. BetaPollen PLUS
Saw palmetto (85-95% sterols & fatty acids) works faster and better than Proscar. Zinc; Take 150 mg daily for two months. Then take 80 mg daily thereafter. If this doesn't work, then try taking gamma amino butyric acid (GABA – 5 grams daily) with the zinc.High doses of zinc can cause mineral imbalance, especially with copper, (zinc increases sperm count but depletes copper levels), So at these doses, you'll need to take copper (11 mg daily for men) as well. Should your prostate become petrified before you start taking these supplements, you'll need to add magnesium (bowel tolerance up to 1,000 mg) to this regimen as well. It will take a while to reverse this, so keep taking the magnesium indefinitely.
selenium, pumpkin seeds, licorice, Pygeum Africanum; combine pygeum with Urtica Dioica (also known as stinging nettle root), acupuncture, Lycopene, Beta Sitosterol, Isoflavones (from red clover extract). Beta Sitosterol, saw palmetto, hops , selenium, and lycopene together can help give you adequate prostate support. Proluxan Prostate Defense Ultimate PRO Support All About The Prostate Prosterin ProLogic
The most commonly prescribed medications for prostate issues, Flomax and Tamsulosin have been exposed in a recent study published in the International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. The study revealed that these drugs (5 alpha-reductase inhibitors) and others like them actually increase your likelihood of contracting prostate cancer as well as tpye two diabetes.
Psoriasis: zinc/copper, grape seed extract & alpha-lipoic acid are antioxidants, essential fatty acids:(omega-3/fish oil) block arachidonic acid, which causes inflammation. Sarsaparilla root, Herbal Salve One. Oregon Grape (known botanically as Mahonia aquifolium), Tamanu Oil, fumaric acid.
Flax Seed Oil; 2-4 tablespoons of organic, cold-pressed flax oil (Barlean’s Organic Oils or Omega Nutrition are recommended) often produce noticeable results.
Hyperbaric Oxygenation; Discussed in detail under General Treatment Methods in The Encyclopedia of Medical Breakthroughs, Hyperbaric Oxygenation is a very effective treatment for all types of skin ailments, including psoriasis.
Honey; Discussed in the section on Burns (in The Encyclopedia of Medical Breakthroughs), certain types of medicinal honeys have been shown effective in treating psoriasis.
Chlorine; Removing chlorine from both drinking and shower water often produces noticeable results.
Raynaud's disease: vitamin E, niacin,(or inositol hexaniacinate) & ginkgo biloba improves blood flow, magnesium relaxes blood vessels, lecithin or pectin to clean out arteries, primrose oil, fish oil.
Restless Leg Syndrome: Iron sulphate
Rheumatoid arthritis: detoxification, low fat/high fiber diet, vitamin C, E, omega-3 fatty acids, lipoic acid, glucosamine & chondroitin, zinc/copper, fish oils (omega 3's) & bromelain are anti-flammatory. Also cayenne cream.
Rosacea: vitamin A, B-complex, extra riboflavin & B12, vitamin C, zinc/copper, essential fatty acids.
Sciatica: possible mineral deficiency; Potassium can completely stop sciatica if your pain is on the right side of your back. (99 mg of potassium daily for a few days) If your sciatica is on the left side (not as common), then add some sea salt to your food, drink some celery juice, or take vitamin C with a sodium ascorbate base to find relief. If you have sciatica on both sides of your back, you'll need to take both sodium and potassium.
Sinusitis: garlic, echinacea with goldenseal, eucalyptus, oregano, ginkgo biloba, horseradish, bromelain. Tiger Balm works good. Ephedra (side effects: nervousness, trembling, insomnia, heart palpitations) widens blood vessels in the respiratory tract but should only be used in severe cases.
Shingles: a daily dose of 500 mcg of B-12 protects your nervous system and significantly reduces your risk and a shot of B-12 has been shown to be a very effective treatment for a shingles outbreak. The shingles vaccine (as pitched by Terry Bradshaw) has a 99% failure rate and can cause keratitis which causes inflammation and scarring of your eye tissue. And if you don't get it treated fast, it can lead to permanent vision loss.
Sore throat: vitamin A, C, echinacea, garlic, zinc losenges (works on adults but not children.)
Stress: B-complex, calcium & magnesium. Panax & Siberian ginseng boost adrenal glands, kava, melatonin if trouble sleeping, meditation, relaxation techniques, cannabis.
Tingling Or Numbness In Your Hands or Feet Nerves work like telephone cables. They transport messages from one area of your body to another. The problem is... as you get older, your nerves transport messages less effectively. They slow down for various reasons, including diet, lack of exercise, and environmental toxins like second hand smoke. Doctors have long known that high doses of vitamin B1 — called "Thiamine" — help healthy nerve signals travel from your brain to your toes and vice versa. Unfortunately, thiamine is water-soluble. So it's quickly excreted through your urine. As a result, it's hard for your body to build up any reserve. Fortunately, Japanese scientists found a way to solve this problem. They created a fat-soluble form of thiamine that stays in the body much longer. This fat-soluble form of thiamine is called benfotiamine (ben-foe-TIE-uh-men). It has been shown safe and effective in dozens of studies around the world. Advanced Nerve Support
Tinnitus: ginkgo biloba, vinpocetine, sesame, black cohosh, folate (vitamin B9), also known as folic acid, vitamin B12, inositol hexaniacinate, magnesium, selenium, zinc & copper. (avoid aspirin or aspirin-like herbs). The Tinnitus Solution Hearing Rescue
Ulcers: ginger, licorice (DGL, doesn't raise blood pressure), vitamin C & yellowroot (for H. pylori bacteria), copper/zinc, glutamine & s-methyl-methionine (found in cabbage).
Urinary tract infection: cranberry, blueberry, horseradish, bearberry, & dandelion, (are diuretic/antibiotic). Echinacea w/goldenseal, acidophilus. Carrots, celery and asparagus are three potent vegetables that when juiced, can provide concentrated support for your urinary tract.
4 Natural Remedies for UTIs:
1. D-Mannose: This natural sugar is found in fruits such as apples and blueberries. It attaches to bacteria, preventing them from sticking to urinary tract walls. The bacteria are then flushed out during urination. It is particularly effective at preventing UTIs caused by E. coli. It has no side effects and is safe for the elderly. A typical dose is one 500 mg capsule a day.
2. Lauricidin. This supplement is antimicrobial. And it won’t disrupt beneficial bacteria in the gut. It works by attacking invading bacteria’s cell membrane. This makes it easier for the immune system to destroy the infection. It usually comes in a powder. One teaspoon twice a day is recommended.
3. Nattokinase. This natural probiotic eliminates bacteria’s ability to attach to the urinary tract. Check with your doctor before taking it if you are prone to bleeding or taking drugs such as Coumadin or aspirin. Nattokinase can increase their potency. The recommended dosage is 100-300 mg a day.
4. Apolactoferrin (or lactoferrin). A study of mice found that apolactoferrin reduces E. coli in the urinary tract within 24 hours of taking. It is recommended for those with recurring UTIs. A typical dose is 300 mg daily.
Varicose veins: horse chestnut, gotu kola, bilberry, blueberry, butcher's broom, lemon, onion, ginkgo biloba, quercetin.
Vision problems: Bilberry & vitamin A (improves night vision), Lutein, Astaxanthin, Zeaxanthin, Maritime pine bark extract, Taurine, copper, zinc, alpha lipoic acid, green tea, vitamin B6 (6.6mg), vitamin C (100mg), vitamin E (200 IU), N-acetyl-L cysteine, eyebright, selenium, black currant. OcuXanthin Cambridge Institute for Better Vision Vision Without Glasses Healthy Vision Complete Vita Vision Preserve Mac Forte Advanced StrongSight Vision Program Advanced Vision Formula Eye Vitality Plus Peak 20/20
There are other nutrients that can help you see more clearly, too:
- Zinc and copper help you focus and read fine print.
- Vitamin C fights free radicals. It also prevents oxidative damage in your eyes.
- Lycopene is another powerful antioxidant and free-radical fighter.
- L-taurine strengthens the cells of your retina and protects your lenses from drying out.
- Ginko bilboa and vinopocetine boost healthy blood circulation to your eyes and lower inflammation.
Weak Bones: MORE Calcium Leads To WEAKER Bones. Calcium causes spurs and excess crystals to form in joints (leading to inflammation and pain). The Calcium Lie II
Yeast infection: echinacea w/goldenseal, arbutin (found in cranberry, blueberry, bearberry), garlic, pau d'arco (compare to Nizoral).